Friday, September 7, 2012

Intro

Why are some of us even in this class.  Most of us are thinking to ourselves ohhh look its going to be so easy, but others in the class actually want to get some kind of writing ability out of this class.  I've never been able to come up with good ideas and I think that this class is going to help me with that.

    I have always wanted to be able to just sit down at a computer screen, like I am now, and just write.  To be able to write like its literally nothing and all my ideas are just flowing from my mind to my hands and onto the keys.  But no, I let my fear of embarrassment from my ideas get in the way of my writing.

   The story behind my alias being what it is, is because Heath Ledger is possibly the greatest actor in Knights Tale ever.  In the movie he tries as hard as he can to do something that is not meant for him, its meant for actual knights, which he is not.  What I'm saying is, just because someone tells you that you aren't good at something or that something can't be done doesn't mean that you can't do it.  You should try as hard as you can to fulfill your dream.  So I am using his character as my inspiration to write in this class.
 

6 comments:

  1. Yep, those 'tourists' are going to be the death of the people who really love to write, who adore the feel of keys beneath our fingers or a pencil in our hands. Don't be afraid of what others will think about you. Mr. Nelson was smart with this pen name idea; express yourself freely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Express yourself freely Sir Ulrich, or you might as well drop your lance now. Don't let someone beat you before your horse even moves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your into is really well written. i feel the same way about writing-i wish i could just write freely. just as you do, i hope this class helps me with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the exact same way. im to scared to say what i really want to say because i dont want to be judged anymore then people already do..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Knight Tales. I like your idea and totally agree with feeling restricted cause you feel like your being judged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you start as ulrich i hope you become willam

    ReplyDelete